Shoaib Malik Interviews

Posted on/at 8:44 AM by Anonymous

Will you accept the fact that Pakistan could have lost the match, if Suresh Raina and Rahul Dravid would have played a bit longer?  
There was little threat. But we knew they would get caught. They tried very hard but we knew our bowlers could have broken the partnership. Actually it is our partnership which made the difference between the two teams. 
Is it your best hundred? 
It would be a memorable one. The team won and I have played a small role which is really very very satisfying. 
What would be your target for this tournament?
I want to carry on the current form in the remaining matches of ICC Champions trophy.
Why did you start slowly?
I wanted to consolidate the situation by being cautious, not losing any wicket. Actually that is my game. After I settle down I normally try to accelerate later. 
That’s what it had happened on Friday against India. You took 70 balls to score 36 runs. But the next 70 run came in 40 balls? 
Team needed that blocking. We did not want to invite any pressure by losing wickets early. 
Were you surprised when Virat Kohli came into bowl? 
Yes, I was. I think Harbhajan would have been brought then. Dhoni then wanted to finish the quota of the fifth bowler by bringing Kohli and Yousuf.  
You got maximum runs by putting the ball in the backward point area? 
Initially the Indian bowlers were bowling straight. Gradually they attacked the off stump line. Naturally I had to play in that area and collect solid runs.


3 comments:

scorpicity said...

That was one really well constructed hundred. He is one of those who doesn't perhaps get enough credit as a batsman.

Stani Army said...

Bon,
He's a very intelligent cricketer and played the perfect innings yesterday.

He's the kind of player that captains enjoy having in their side. Very versatile.

Agree Scorpi, underrated.

Poshin_david said...

Really good hundred....I'm suprised he said so much......

Do check out this new series I am doing at http://christopherdavid007.blogspot.com/2009/09/top-5-cricket-scandals.html